About Department of Technical Education
Directorate of Technical Education has to maintain and enhance the quality of technical education by laying the policies, establishing and developing Govt. Institutions, guiding and supervising the aided private institutions, interacting with industry and national level institutions, coordinating with other departments of State Government, Government of India, Statutory Organisations and to contribute to the development of industry, society at large
Activities of the Department:
- Conduct of M. Tech/ M. Planning, B.Tech/ B.Arch, MFA, BFA, Diploma and Certificate Courses through EngineeringColleges, Polytechnics, Technical High Schools, Commercial Institutes, FineArts Colleges, Tailoring & Garment Making Training Centers, Vocational Training Centers.
- Planning, implementing & Monitoring all activities in the field of Technical Education in the State consistent with the State and National Policies.
- Recommend to Government on the basis of proper need analysis the establishment of new institution offering technical Education programmes leading to the award of Degree, Diploma & Certificate consistent with the norms laid down by the All India Council for Technical Education and other concerned agencies.
- Prepare the annual budget for Technical Education Department of the State consistent with the Development priorities of the department.
- Recognizing private aided institutions, which are conducting courses with the permission of Government.
- Arranging Apprenticeship Training to the Graduate and diploma holders in Engineering/Technology.
- Conduct of Diploma Examination in all Engineering disciplines and Certificates Examinations in certain specialized courses.
- Periodically evaluate and revise syllabus for Diploma and Certificate programmes in the institutions under its control.
Functional Units and Offices
The Directorate of Technical Education is having the administrative control over following functional units in the State, including two regional directorates at Kozhikode and Kothamangalam for effective distribution and implementation of tasks.
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Technical High Schools
- Commercial Institutes
- Tailoring and Garment Making Training Centers
- Vocational Training Centers
- Regional Directorate
- Supervisory Development Centre
- Curricullum Development Centre
- Examination Wing
- State Facilitation and Project Unit